Sunday, February 25, 2018

Just a super quick update

One of my favorite pieces of art, ever.

Oh wow, I haven't posted in a crazy long time.  Well, you know what?  Real life happens (work's been busy!) and I've been off playing other games that are not of the table-top variety.  I started getting back into World of Warships with my clan and I've only recently played 40K again after the world's longest hiatus.  We played a 4K vs. 4K game where I was 2v1 with my Dark Eldar/Eldar vs. Tyranids/Blood Angels.  Not the most fluffy game, but I was able to put virtually everything I owned on the table.  It was a crazy bloodbath and that kinda got me thinking about the game again.

I think I really enjoy 40K 8th as a casual game, but not really as a competitive game for some reason.  I'm excited to see what they have in store for Dark Eldar, and I promise that the blog will get more activity once they come out.  I've pretty much stopped the ridiculous Ynarri stuff, even though that was one of the main reasons why I bought a bunch of Wraithguard D-Scythes, but after some soul-searching, I've decided to step away from full-blown Ynnari to something more tame.  I think for more casual games, this is perfectly acceptable as I really enjoy the look of Eldar fighters and I've been pretty happy with my choices so far.

One of the other armies that I'm thinking about adding is Harlequins, but I'm reluctant again because they don't have a new book and they seem really janky.  Not janky as in they're bad, but they're really expensive for a few models that might not have the staying power to really have a larger impact on the battlefield.  This is especially the case that everyone and their mother can just fall back out of combat and leave them in the open to get shot.  That feelsbadman.

Anyways, here's my current go-to for a standard 2K army list:

1999 // 7 CP
Aeldari Battalion - 3 CP

HQ:
Farseer Skyrunner = 135
Doom, Guide

Warlock = 35
Protect/Jinx

TROOP:
5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
Venom = 80
130

5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
Venom = 80
130

5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
Venom = 80
130

ELITE:
5x Wraithguard, D-Scythes = 225
Wave Serpent, VEngines, Stones, 3x SC = 154
379

HEAVY:
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance = 155
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance = 155
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance = 155

+++

Alaitoc Air Wing - 1 CP

Hemlock Wraithfighter, Stones = 210
Jinx

Hemlock Wraithfighter, Stones = 210
Jinx

Crimson Hunter Ex, 2x Bright Lance = 175

How many of you out there are just playing for fun vs. being in the competitive circuit?  I've played a few ITC games at my local shop once 8th came out, but I didn't really get the urge to go back.  I do like the social aspect of the game more and I'm definitely more casual now than ever before.

Oh, and in case you guys didn't see, BFG Armada II was announced a few weeks back.  I don't know man, as much as I'm a hardcore 40K fan, BFG addict and RTS fanatic, I can't get around how shitty Tindalos is as a developer and company.  They pretty much trashed the balance in the first game and pretty much left it to die.  Definitely didn't get good vibes with them, especially when you look at all their previous projects and games that they shipped and left to rot.  That's just not cool man.  Regardless, I'll probably end up playing the game, mainly because they've announced they'll have all 12 factions available at game launch.  It'll probably be terribly balanced and really shitty, but it's BFG and that's a must-have for me.

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, stay in there.  I'll be back once Dark Eldar gets their new book!  Oh, and one more thing:  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment