Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Ynnari: Dark Eldar is back on the table

Let's go hunting.

Let's rewind a bit and go back to my roots.  What does a primarily Dark Eldar force look like with a splash of a Farseer mixed in there for Doom and Fortune?  Well, it looks something like this!  Hell, I even have a backstory behind this list of mine:

The Ynnari Farseer Johanna travels far and wide through secret webway locations to recruit warriors to her cause.  She stops by Commoragh and meets the Larry the Archon.  They join forces and set out among the stars for the glory of the Reborn!  They eventually fall in love.. +++END TRANSMISSION+++

RP mode over, here we go!

2000
Ynnari Battalion - 6 CP, 9 drops

HQ:
Archon, Agonizer, Blaster = 73

Farseer = 113
Doom, Fortune

TROOP:
5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
Raider, Dark Lance = 115
215

5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
5x Warriors, Blaster = 50
Raider, Dark Lance = 115
215

ELITE:
5x Wraithguard, D-Scythes = 225
Wave Serpent, VEngines, 3x Shuriken = 153
378

5x Trueborn, 4x Blaster = 115
Raider, Dark Lance, Shock Prow = 116
231

FLYER:
Razorwing, 2x Dark Lance = 155
Razorwing, 2x Dark Lance = 155

HEAVY:
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance = 155
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance = 155
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance = 155

The difference between this list and the other one is that I have a crap ton of heavy weaponry and darklight that will make a lot of players flinch.  This one sports an opening salvo of 16 Dark Lances followed by 9 additional Blasters.  Sure, I only have a single Wave Serpent now carrying the Farseer and the Wraithguard, but the biggest difference is that I'm able to trade a lot more firepower in this list at longer range vs. the shorter-range reliance that is the WG/WS combo.

What do you guys think?  Have I done the Dark Eldar justice?  I think we're going to roll with this on for a bit.  A tournament is coming up very soon (this Saturday, 2K ITC), and I'm still debating on which list I'm going to bring.  Either way, I think it's going to be crazy fun because the meta is wide-open and there's going to be tons of awesome experimentation.  What list do you guys think I should bring on Saturday?  This one, or the previous list that I've been having success with.

No comments:

Post a Comment